About the Wine Club
CONNECT WITH THE FASCINATING WORLD OF WINE
Every wine has a story to tell – about the people that make it, where it comes from and how it tastes. By becoming an Opimian member, you discover wines exclusive to the Club. You won’t find these wines anywhere else in Canada.
Opimian was founded in 1973 by John Sambrook, Ken Christie MW and a small group of friends wanting to share and enjoy quality wines. Opimian is a non-profit wine club, gathering together more than 10,000wine lovers from across the country.
How our membership works
For only $69* per year, join the Opimian member community, winemakers and Jane Masters MW, our consultant Master of Wine.
1. Jane Masters MW Approves the Wines
Jane Masters MW, Opimian’s Master of Wine, samples hundred of wines and only selects those with distinct personalities and value.
2. BROWSE & BUY
Discover 500+ delicious wines from over 100 producers, 13 countries and 120 wine regions. Each wine is carefully selected by Jane Masters MW and suits every palate and budget.
Get to know our producers within each Cellar Offering (link to the current cellar page) and Vino Etcetera (link to Vino Etcetera page), both mailed to you. Read about our independent winemakers, their wines and where they come from. Be inspired by other members’ stories, by their trips and by recipes for pairing with Opimian wines.
- Members have 5 weeks to order from each Cellar Offering (9 Cellar Offerings per year).
- Bottles are sold by case of 6 or 12 of the same wine, with special mixed cases sometimes available from certain producers. If you are you looking for automatic surprise mixed cases, sign up for one of our subscription cases (linked to wine programs).
- Once the Cellar Offering closes, the wines are no longer available.
- There is no minimum purchase.
3. PREPPING TIME
At the time of your order, the wines are still at the wineries. Orders are placed directly with our independent winemakers, who carefully bottle your wines and prepare your cases.
We work with talented and passionate winemakers. Some are family-run, some have smaller vineyards, but they all produce the finest wines for members to enjoy.
Chill while your wines are shipped to your attention via each provincial liquor board or partners across Canada. Expect shipping periods of between 4 to 6 months. See the 2020 season calendar.
While you wait, our 20 Area Representatives across the country organize events. Participate in these gatherings to share your experience with other members, to meet our winemakers when they are in town or to taste Opimian wines.
5. Start Sipping
Pick up your Opimian wines at your local liquor store. Uncork and enjoy!
WHY BECOME AN OPIMIAN MEMBER?
- Receive 9 Cellar Offerings a year and choose from a selection of more than 500 exclusive privately imported wines only available to Opimian members. You won’t find them anywhere else in Canada.
- Easily discover wines by signing up for one of Opimian’s surprise surprise case subscription programs.
- Order exceptional and best value wines for every palate and budget. Each Opimian wine is selected for its deliciousness and for its distinct personality by Jane Masters MW, Opimian’s consultant Master of Wine.
- Connect with over 100 producers worldwide from 13 countries and 120 wine regions.
- Receive an annual subscription to Vino Etcetera, Opimian’s lifestyle magazine.
- Attend exclusive events within your community, hosted by your Area Representative.
- Gain and share knowledge with other passionate members.
Join the Club
* The annual membership fee is $69, plus applicable sales tax. For new members, add a $40 registration fee (total of $109 plus applicable sales tax). Members must be of the legal drinking age designated by their province or territory of residence.Subscribe now