About the Wine Club
CONNECT WITH THE FASCINATING WORLD OF WINE
Every wine has a story to tell–about the people that make it, where it comes from and how it tastes. By becoming an Opimian member, you discover wines exclusive to the Club. You won’t find these wines anywhere else in Canada.
Opimian was founded in 1973 by John Sambrook, Ken Christie MW, and a small group of friends wanting to share and enjoy quality wines. Opimian is a non-profit wine club, gathering together more than 10,000 wine lovers from across the country.
How our membership works
For only $89* per year, join the Opimian member community, winemakers, and our Masters of Wine (MW).
1. Our Masters of Wine MW Approve the Wines
Our Masters of Wine (MW), taste sample hundreds of wines and only select those with distinct personalities and value.
2. BROWSE & BUY
Discover 500+ delicious wines from over 100 producers, 13 countries, and 120 wine regions. Each wine is carefully selected by our Masters of Wine MW that suits every palate and budget.
Get to know our producers within each Cellar Offering (link to the current cellar page), both mailed to you. Read about our independent winemakers, their wines, and where they come from. Be inspired by other members’ stories, their trips, and recipes for pairing with Opimian wines.
- Members have five (5) weeks to order from each Cellar Offering (10 Cellar Offerings per year).
- Bottles are sold by cases of various sizes with special mixed cases sometimes available from certain producers. If you’re looking to be surprised with a carefully selected mixed case, sign up for one of our subscription cases.
- Once the Cellar closes, the wines are no longer available.
- There is no minimum purchase.
3. PREPPING TIME
At the time of your order, the wines are still at the wineries. Orders are placed directly with our independent winemakers, who carefully bottle your wines and prepare your cases.
We work with talented and passionate winemakers. Some are family-run, some have smaller vineyards, but they all produce the finest wines for members to enjoy.
Chill while your wines are shipped to your attention via each provincial liquor board or partners across Canada. Expect shipping periods of between 4 to 6 months. See the 2023 season calendar.
While you wait, participate in virtual and/or community gatherings to share your experience with other members, meet our winemakers when they are in town, or taste Opimian wines.
5. Start Sipping
Pick up your Opimian wines at your local liquor store. Uncork and enjoy!
WHY BECOME AN OPIMIAN MEMBER?
- Receive 10 Cellar Offerings a year and choose from a selection of more than 500 exclusive privately imported wines only available to Opimian members. You won’t find them anywhere else in Canada.
- Easily discover wines by signing up for one of Opimian’s surprise case subscription programs.
- Order exceptional and best-value wines for every palate and budget. Each Opimian wine is selected for its deliciousness and for its distinct personality by our Masters of Wine MW, Opimian’s consultant Masters of Wine.
- Connect with over 100 producers worldwide from 13 countries and 120 wine regions.
- Attend exclusive events virtually and within your community.
- Gain and share knowledge with other passionate members.
Join the Club
* The annual membership fee is $89, plus applicable sales tax. For new members, add a $40 registration fee (total of $129 plus applicable sales tax). Members must be of the legal drinking age designated by their province or territory of residence.Subscribe now